After meeting and chatting with Mrs. Simpson, she decided she would like to have a deck to walk out on to direct from her house. Her old patio was no longer usable. We had to dig out the patio as this was as high as the base of the door. With the help of the guys at Addington plant hire, we were able to dig out and clear all the old paving and soil in a day. Once the site was clear we built our 6×2 timber frame and concreted our posts in, ready to fix our composite deck boards and balustrade. The deck boards we used were Timbertech Easy Clean Terrain Stone Ash.
The white balustrade system was also supplied by Timbertech. We made stairs down to the lover garden and I closed the front of the deck with a mixture of deck boards and trellis painted with Cuprinol deck paint. Overall I’m really pleased with the finished deck and it’s made the garden so much more usable.